Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sudays with PostSecret

I have this habit of checking PostSecret every Sunday. That site was introduced to me by my best friend when she posted some of the postcards she found in that site to her Multiply account. PostSecret, by the way, is a blog site of Frank Warren. Every Sunday, he posts the postcards he receives (not all of them though) for the week.  These postcards contain the secrets of the people who sent them, ranging from the shallowest to the deepest and darkest secret we as humans could possibly have. Since these contain secrets, the postcards are sent anonymously. Frank Warren hand picks the most striking secrets out of the postcards he receives in a week and posts them to his blog every Sunday.

I've always thought of postcards as means of connecting with your friends and loved ones away from you. PostSecret gave postcards a new identity. These postcards is not just a line of connection between friends and families, postcards are now used to liberate us from the stresses that our secrets bring to our lives. It also brings about a connection among the souls of people who are, in many ways, living beneath the shadows of their secrets. I believe that when you find out that somebody out there also shares the same secret and experiences the same guilt and burden that you have, it brings such comfort and assurance that you are not alone. As for me, as I read through the secrets and realize that I can also relate to some of them, it brings a little feeling of relief. I don't have any plans of sending a postcard though, I'm contented with just checking and reading for the meantime.

I am saving some of the secrets (Mr. Warren, I'm just using them as wallpapers, I'm not in any way, using them to earn money. I am also posting some of them but I always post the website in the credits). So to end this entry, I'm sharing to you one of the secrets posted in the site today to which I can relate with:

No comments:

Post a Comment