Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Blog

2010, finally.

New beginnings for the new year as they say.  I've finally decided to create a "public" blog just to make something good out of my life. I am sharing some of my thoughts here, happy thoughts mostly. I will still be keeping my hidden blog (not really hidden, just unknown) to which I unload those unnecessary and sometimes toxic thoughts I have. I'm planning to delete that blog when the right time comes. I'm still fixing some stuff in my life and I will still be needing that blog until I finally throw away all those negativities out of my system.  Nevertheless, I will not let these setbacks hold me from finding happiness in my life, and I'm sharing every bit of happiness I encounter in my day-to-day experiences (well, only when I feel writing about them).  The main purpose of this blog is to share my happiness with you. Mas masaya kapag marami tayong masaya. Of course, I will only be sharing what's true, ayaw ko namang magbalatkayo or gumawa ng kwento, so my blog is very open to comments. Feel free to react.

To start it off, I spent some quiet time on the last day of 2009. I was in a state of nostalgia thinking about the things that transpired last year. I can truly say that the year 2009 was by far the best year in my whole college life. It was a year full of surprises, opportunities, twists and turns.

Maraming nangyaring maganda sa akin noong nakaraang taon. First in the list is my 2-month On-The-Job Training in Nestle Phil. Inc. CDO Factory which made up the best summer of my life. My wish of getting the Most Outstanding Senior Award for the year was also granted. I had my first serious relationship which gave me the opportunity to truly care about somebody special. I made it again to the Dean's List after 3 years of underachieving. We finally had our plant tour this year in CDO. I had the chance to spend a week in Zamboanga City (gracias Buklod). I got really drunk for the first time (hahaha... I love The Bar! I don't know if it's right to put this in the good events list but panalo talaga ang pakiramdam, nakakatanggal ng sama ng loob). The good Lord never failed in delivering His plans for me.

I also had my fair share of down moments especially during the last quarter of the year when I experienced a lot of changes.  But these did not bring me to tears as I ended the year. I am grateful for having been able to survive each and every one of these trials. I may have lost some things and some people, but with the lessons I've gained from life, 'di na ako masyadong nanghinayang.

I ended the year bringing with me two realizations/lessons: 1. I must learn to love myself because at the end of the day, when people turn their backs at me, I only have myself to depend on. 2. I should always seek for happiness, I should go for those things that will make me truly happy because I've got only one life to live. Well, with these two comes my faith with the Lord that resources and means will always be provided as long as I follow His ways.

Now for 2010, I am setting my eyes on my three goals: serious weight loss, graduation, ChE license.  I already enrolled myself in a gym because I'm too fat already (wahahaha... kaulaw). As for the next two goals, since I've got less things to take care of this year, I just need to do extra work on managing my time right and everything will  hopefully be fine.

A happy me this 2010, that's for sure. :)

2 comments: