Saturday, May 22, 2010

wish

There are some wishes that I do not mention one by one when I pray because:

1. I would feel guilty, though I know these wishes aren't bad and harmful, but the guilt comes from that notion that wishing too much is selfishness;
2. I know they're nearly impossible to come true;
3. Some of these wishes aren't really necessities.

Nevertheless, there were some instances in my life that when I actually mentioned them in my prayers, even for the first and only time, they came true. This experience, though, didn't really motivate me to pray for all the wishes because I am praying for more important things. I also think that the right time is yet to come for those wishes to be fulfilled.

I also believe that God would still know about those unmentioned wishes, that's why I always include them in my prayers in a general note and ask Him to give whatever it is that I truly need and to tame and guide my heart for it to become selfless and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment